Phone / VoIP Solutions
What Is UNIVERGE BLUE® CONNECT?
NEC UNIVERGE BLUE® CONNECT is a fully integrated cloud-based unified communications platform for any size business. NEC believes that tools facilitate the communications, but people are the center of all communications and with effective communication tools people can be more productive and connected. These communications tools should be easy-to-use, high-performing, dependable and stress- free, so that you can focus on what is being communicated and not the tool itself.
UNIVERGE BLUE® CONNECT combines your phone system, chat, video, screen sharing, file management and conference calling into a seamless experience that fits with your business size, needs, and work style. Get customizable, scalable cloud-based services for your business backed by NEC’s five pillars of a Stress-Free Cloud Experience.
UNIVERGE BLUE® incorporates all your business communication and collaboration methods and devices into one integrated, easy-to-manage cloud-based system that is accessible from anywhere at any time. UNIVERGE BLUE includes:
PBX Phone System
PBX phone system is a cloud-based phone system with an integrated combination of 90+ enterprise-grade features along with industry-leading network call quality and uptime. System management and call reporting features are handled from a single web- based portal.
Team Chat and Business SMS
With the UNIVERGE BLUE® CONNECT Desktop and Mobile Apps, team members can send and receive instant chat or text messages and attachments (individual and group chats) and send and receive text messages directly to colleagues and customers. All chat and Business SMS messages are instantly synchronized across all your UNIVERGE BLUE devices. Users can pin favorites to the top of their contact list and access full contact chat history at any time.
The free UNIVERGE BLUE® CONNECT Desktop App brings essential collaboration tools together, making teamwork easier than ever. Users can see who is available, send chats and text messages, place and receive calls, share screens, start video calls and share files—all from one integrated application. Available as a downloadable app for PC or Mac®.
The UNIVERGE BLUE® CONNECT mobile application transforms the user’s mobile phone into an essential collaboration tool for on-the-go productivity. Android and iOS users can place and receive calls, see who is available, send chats and text messages, sync contacts from their mobile device and manage voicemails all from one application—anytime, anywhere.
NEC UNIVERGE BLUE® preconfigured phones can be plugged into any location that has a broadband network connection. Remote desk phones work the same way as they do in the office, with access to all the same features and functionality as everyone else in the company.
UNIVERGE BLUE® includes a “virtual” fax service that allows users to receive and manage online faxes via the web. Transmits faxes directly from a Windows®-based PC. Senders simply dial the web faxing number from their fax machine, as they normally would.
UNIVERGE BLUE® phones are plug-and-play, delivered pre-configured to work seamlessly with UNIVERGE BLUE services. No technical expertise or technician required. UNIVERGE BLUE Phones includes multiple manufacturer models, with several models to choose from to meet any business need.
UNIVERGE BLUE® CONNECT virtual voicemail can be managed and accessed according to user needs. Manage and check voicemail online from the desktop phone, or through the mobile app. Transcribed voicemail messages can be sent via email or viewed on the mobile app. Voicemail can be received or forwarded as a downloadable email attachment.
Screen share online with the computer desktop which can be shared with team members or externally, in real-time, improving collaboration and speed of decision making. While utilizing screen sharing, meeting attendees can annotate on the screen to call out important points on their screen enhancing collaboration even more.
Set Your Availability (Presence Indicator)
UNIVERGE BLUE® desk phones and applications include real-time presence – the ability to see whether a contact is currently available, or busy on the phone. Desktop phones include a busy lamp field (BLF) in the LCD display that includes presence information. The UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT desktop and mobile apps display status availability information alongside each contact in the Active Directory.
Use HD video conferencing to organize face to face meetings which helps to eliminate unnecessary travel and empowers teams with remote members to be more productive. You can launch ad-hoc meetings with one click and invite additional attendees.
File Backup and Collaboration
Securely backup and store your important files online with confidence and share them across teams internally or outside your company instantly. With this feature, team members can share documents and co-edit in real-time so the most recent version of a document will always be easily accessible. Those that share the file maintain full control over the file, users, devices and sharing activities.
Receptionists and administrative assistants now have access to a specialized view the availability of everyone in their organization, perform blind transfers, warm transfers, and transfers to voicemail.
UNIVERGE BLUE® CONNECT Mobile App
The UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT mobile application transforms the user’s mobile phone into an essential collaboration tool for on-the-go productivity. Android and iOS users can place and receive calls, see who is available, chat with colleagues and manage voicemails all from one application—anytime, anywhere.
- Find the UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT Mobile App in the Google Play™ Store or Apple® App Store
- Log into CONNECT using just your company email credentials.
- Extend your business phone number and extension to your mobile phone, so you can place and receive calls on-the-go or even transfer calls from your desktop phone to your mobile device—seamlessly, without interruption.
- Your full desktop chat history is synchronized with your mobile device so you can stay connected and continue conversations no matter where you are.
UNIVERGE BLUE® CONNECT Desktop App
The free UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT Desktop App brings essential collaboration tools together, making teamwork easier than ever. Users can see who is available, chat with colleagues, place and receive calls, share screens, start video calls and share files—all from one application.
- Have the flexibility to use your desktop application to place and receive calls in two ways, either as a call controller for your associated desk phone or as a softphone from your PC or Mac®.
- One place to see the availability of coworkers, place a phone call, start team chat, and launch a video conference.
Remote Administration Tools and Management Features
With UNIVERGE BLUE, you can scale and manage your communications according to your company's needs. No more overspending on lines you don’t need, or being constrained by unexpected growth. Order additional service and manage your employee phone, data backup, video and conferencing services through a single interface.
Whether your Unified Communications (UC) platform is managed by a dedicated IT professional, or simply assigned to the Office Manager, UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT is designed to cut down the amount of time they have to spend focusing on managing your systems.
Here are some ways we work to make management of UNIVERGE BLUE connect easier and more efficient than other phone unified communications systems:
UNIVERGE BLUE® CONNECT Management Portal
- ONE central location to manage system or endpoint settings
- Enable or disable permissions system-wide, by group or by individual user
- Add users, user phones, and phone numbers right from the portal
- Set up auto attendants and groups according to business requirements
- View/create hunt group reports
- And much, much more
- Greets callers and then directs them to the right person, department or information – 24 hours/day
- Multiple and branched menus for business hours / after hours / weekends
- Holiday menus to accommodate recurring special events as well as one-time events
- Dial by name / by extension
- Ability to ring multiple phones (in order or all at the same time)
- Send voicemails to email
- Calendar views of weekly and monthly routing schedules
- Place incoming calls into set groups such as sales department, accounting, etc.
- Calls are distributed according to managed setting: Round-robin, sequentially, longest idle, or all simultaneously
- Can be configured to feature greetings, messages, and hold music
- Users and administrators may log users in and out of groups
Hunt Group Reporting
- Select/view data and view reports for entire groups or individual users
- Track employee productivity with graphical data reports based on group or individual, and time
- Includes statistics such as hold time, talk time, call duration, call volume, and other call metrics